Get up to $500 cash back
It pays to go ductless
Earn cash back for qualified ductless heat pump installations and help your customers enjoy savings of up to 50 percent on their heating and cooling costs. This simple upgrade is far more efficient than baseboards and wall heaters, and with no invasive ductwork, installation is quick and easy. Your customers also qualify for cash incentives that bring down the up-front costs significantly.
Qualifications and Incentives
|Equipment Purchases and Services||Trade Ally Incentive|
|Single-head ductless heat pump
(9.5 HSPF, 16 SEER)
|Multi-head ductless heat pump
(9.5 HSPF, 16 SEER)
|Supplemental ductless heat pump
(9.5 HSPF, 16 SEER)
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Must be existing home, not new construction
- Gas, oil, wood heating, pellet stoves, and propane systems conversions do not qualify
Requirements for all ductless heat pumps:
- Minimum 9.5 HSPF (Heating Seasonal Performance Factor), 16 SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio)
- Work must be completed by a Program-Qualified Trade Ally listed on the Program-Eligible Trade Ally List
- Ductless heat pump must be installed according to the specifications outlined in the Utah HVAC Technical Specifications Manual
- Ductless heat pump must be a new AHRI rated ductless (mini-split) system and must be listed on the AHRI (Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute) Certified Directory: ahridirectory.org
- Ductless heat pump must employ an inverter driven outdoor compressor unit and a variable speed fan for indoor blower and be fully ductless
Additional requirements for single-head & multi-head ductless heat pumps:
- Previous primary heat source must have been a permanently installed ductless electric resistance heating system (e.g. electric baseboard, electric ceiling/wall heat) serving at least 80 percent of the home's conditioned area
- Homes 3,500 square feet or less may qualify for one unit, while homes greater than 3,500 square feet may qualify for two units. Homes greater than 3,500 square feet requiring more than two units may apply for additional incentives (additional documentation required, contact program for more information).
- Incentive is not offered to customers replacing an existing ducted heat pump
Additional requirements for supplemental ductless heat pumps:
- Ductless heat pump must be used as a supplemental heat source for cold spots or for a new/bonus room
Additional program rules:
- Mail all documents so they are postmarked within 180 days of the qualifying service completion
- Ductless heat pump must be installed within 90 days of purchase
- Incentive cannot exceed project costs
- Heat Pump Application, completed and signed
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account
- AHRI certificate
- IRS W-9 Form, if applicable*
*Applicable only for businesses and non-individual customers applying for incentives
Please see the Incentive Application for a list of required documentation and additional terms and conditions. Incentives and qualifications are subject to Utah Public Service Commission approval and may change with 45 days' notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Utah who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 1, 2, or 3 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Utah where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 1, 2, or 3 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Rocky Mountain Power account holder.
How to Apply
- Provide your customers with accurate and complete incentive application paperwork to ensure uninterrupted processing and swift incentive payment.
- At time of project completion, trade ally should provide customers with:
- completed and signed Trade Ally section of incentive applications
- completed and signed technical worksheet, if applicable
- itemized invoice/receipt and any other required documentation
- Walk your customers through the rest of the incentive application so they know exactly what to submit.
- Point out the customer service hotline as a resource for them, and the 180-day submittal deadline.
- In the case of missing information, assist your customer in securing any trade ally information or documentation.
- Provide feedback to the program about suggested improvements to streamline incentive processing. We want to make the process as simple and easy as possible.