Get $1,000 cash back
Go ductless and find your comfort zone
Make the move to a ductless heat pump and earn $1,000 cash back on your purchase. It’s a simple upgrade that’s far more efficient than baseboards and wall heaters. Enjoy savings of up to 50 percent on your heating and cooling costs, and with no invasive ductwork, installation is easy and affordable.
Qualifications & Incentives
Equipment Purchase and Service
|Ductless heat pump||$1,000|
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Must be existing home, not new construction
- Previous primary heat source must have been a permanently installed ductless electric resistance heating system (e.g. electric baseboard, electric ceiling/wall heat) serving at least 80 percent of the home's conditioned area
- Gas, oil, wood heating, pellet stoves, and propane system conversions do not qualify
- Work completed must comply with all building codes and standards
Requirements for ductless heat pumps:
- Minimum 9.5 HSPF (Heating Seasonal Performance Factor), 16 SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio)
- Work must be completed by a Program-Eligible HVAC Contractor listed on the Program-Eligible HVAC Contractor List. Please review our tips for hiring a contractor
- Ductless heat pump must be installed according to the specifications outlined in the Wyoming Technical Specifications Manual
- Ductless heat pump must be a new AHRI (Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute) rated ductless (mini-split) system and must be listed on the AHRI Certified Directory: ahridirectory.org
- Ductless heat pump must employ an inverter driven outdoor compressor unit and a variable speed fan for indoor blower and be fully ductless
- Homes 3,500 square feet or less may qualify for one unit, while homes greater than 3,500 square feet may qualify for two units. Homes greater than 3,500 square feet requiring more than two units may apply for additional incentives (additional documentation required, contact program for more information).
- Incentive is not offered to customers replacing an existing ducted heat pump
Additional program rules:
- Mail all documents so they are postmarked within 90 days of the qualifying service completion date
- Ductless heat pump must be installed within 90 days of purchase
- Incentive cannot exceed project costs
- For customers applying for multifamily properties, please contact the program at email@example.com for details on how to apply
- Heat Pump Application, completed and signed
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice
- AHRI certificate
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account
- IRS W-9 Form, if applicable*
*Applicable only to businesses and non-individual customers applying for incentives
Please see the Incentive Application for a list of required documentation and additional terms and conditions. Incentives and qualifications are subject to Wyoming Public Service Commission approval. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Wyoming who purchase their electricity from Rocky Mountain Power on rate schedules 2 or 18 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Wyoming where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 2 or 18 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Rocky Mountain Power accountholder.
How to Apply
Prior to starting a project, find a contractor using the Program-Eligible HVAC Contractors List. Note that select incentives must be completed by a Program-Qualified Contractor (a contractor with specialized certifications). Review the incentive application with your contractor to determine eligibility requirements, incentive qualifications and review the list of required documents to submit for an incentive.
Incentive application and required documents must be postmarked within 90 days of the qualifying service completion date. Please allow six weeks plus mail service time for delivery of your incentive check after your application and receipt has been received and approved. Missing inforamtion may delay processing and delivery of yoru incentive check. Checks are only payable to the account holder or verified third party payee. Incentives are not to exceed the purchase price of the equipment or service. Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance. Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance.
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for questions regarding contractors or how to receive your incentive.