Get up to
$50 cash back
Get ready for summer savings
Beat the summer heat and save with efficient central air conditioning. Earn cash back on central AC systems designed to keep you and your energy bill in a comfortable place. Program-qualified systems are approximately 15 percent more efficient than standard central AC solutions.
Qualifications & Incentives
|Equipment Purchases and Services||Customer Incentive|
|Central air conditioner
w/best practice installation and sizing (15+ SEER)
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Must be an existing home, not new construction
- All HVAC equipment incentives require an Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) certificate to qualify The AHRI Directory can be found online at ahridirectory.org
Central air conditioner best practice installation and sizing:
- Work must be completed by a Qualified Contractor
- Minimum 15 SEER
- Equipment must be a new, air-source split or packaged unitary air conditioner with an AHRI standard rating cooling capacity of 65,000 BTU/hr (5.4 tons) or less
- Split-system equipment must include a matched condensing unit and evaporator coil with an overall SEER (seasonal energy efficiency rating) determined by AHRI standard 210/240 and listen in the AHRI certified directory of unitary equipment
- Air flow test and performance check are required as outlined in the Washington Technical Specifications Manual:
- Air flow must meet minimum 350 CFM per ton requirement.
- Refrigerant charge must be within +/- 3 degrees of target subcooling.
- Equipment must be properly sized per program requirements
Additional Program Requirements:
- Incentive amount may not exceed the total cost of the project
- All required documentation must be postmarked within 90 days of the work completed date
- Additional incentive-specific qualifications and required documentation are listed below
- Central Air Conditioner application, completed and signed*
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice
- AHRI certificate
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account
- IRS W-9 Form, if applicable**
*If mailing, please make copies for your records and note the date mailed on the application
**Applicable only to businesses and non-individual customers, including landlords, applying for incentives
Incentives are associated with the November 7, 2016 tariff filing approved by the Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission. All incentives are subject to change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Washington who purchase their electricity from Pacific Power on rate schedules 16, 17 or 18 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Washington where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 16, 17 or 18 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Pacific Power accountholder.
How to Apply
Prior to starting a project, find a contractor using the Washington Qualified Contractors list. Note that select incentives must be completed by a Qualified Contractor. Review the incentive application with your contractor to determine eligibility requirements, incentive qualifications and review the list of required documents to submit for an incentive.
Incentive application and required documents must be postmarked within 90 days of the work completed date. Incentive checks are issued within six weeks of receipt of the completed and approved incentive application. Please allow for mail delivery time. Incentives are not to exceed the purchase price of the equipment or service. Equipment and service work may be inspected for compliance. Incentives are subject to Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission approval and may change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
You will need these items to apply online for your incentive:
- Pacific Power account number
- Electronic image of your receipt that shows the manufacturer name and model number of your new product
- Complete and submit your online application within 90 days of purchasing your new energy-efficient product.
- Please allow six weeks plus mail service time for delivery of your incentive check after we receive your approved application and receipt.
- You can locate your account number on your statement as shown below.
Have you already applied? Track your incentive status. Please allow 48 hours for your application to load in our system.