Get up to $250 cash back
Cool down your home and your energy bill
Receive big cash back savings on evaporative coolers. Qualified permanent models use up to 75 percent less energy than central AC to cool the same amount of space. Plus, they can cost about half as much to purchase as a comparable central AC system.
We also offer cash back on portable evaporative coolers that provide a versatile, economical solution to home cooling. These high-efficiency units are easy to move from room to room and consume up to 75 percent less energy than air conditioners.
Qualifications & Incentives
Equipment Purchases and Services
Evaporative cooler tier 1
Evaporative cooler tier 2
Ensure the home qualifies:
- Must be an existing home, not new construction
Requirements for evaporative cooler tier 1:
- 2,000-3,499 CFM (Cubic Foot per Minute)
- Evaporative cooler must be on the Qualified Tier 1 Evaporative Coolers list at time of purchase
Requirements for evaporative cooler tier 2:
- Minimum 3,500 CFM
- Evaporative cooler must be on the Qualified Tier 2 Evaporative Coolers list at time of purchase
- Work must be completed by a Program-Eligible HVAC Contractor listed on the Program-Eligible HVAC Contractor list or maybe self-installed by the homeowner. Please review our tips for hiring a contractor
- Evaporative cooler must be installed according to specifications outlined in the Washington Technical Specifications Manual
- Equipment must be first time install
Additional program rules:
- Mail all documents so they are postmarked within 90 days of qualifying service completion date
- Incentive may not exceed the total cost of the project
- Self-installed evaporative coolers are eligible for incentives on equipment only
- For customers applying for multifamily properties, please contact the program at email@example.com for details on how to apply
- Evaporative Cooler Application, completed and signed*
- Itemized receipt or contractor invoice
- Third Party Payment Addendum for applicants who would like to forward payment to a third party not listed on the utility account
- IRS W-9 Form, if applicable*
*If mailing, please make copies for your records and note the date mailed on the application
**Applicable only to businesses and non-individual customers, including landlords, applying for incentives
Incentives are associated with the November 7, 2016 tariff filing approved by the Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission. All incentives are subject to change with 45 days notice. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Residential electric customers residing in the state of Washington who purchase their electricity from Pacific Power on rate schedules 16, 17 or 18 qualify. Landlords who own rental properties served by the company in the state of Washington where the tenant is billed on rate schedules 16, 17 or 18 also qualify for this program. You can locate your rate schedule on your bill or by calling 1-888-221-7070. Incentive checks are only issued in the name of the Pacific Power accountholder.
How to Apply
You will need these items to apply online for your incentive:
- Pacific Power account number
- Electronic image of your receipt that shows the manufacturer name and model number of your new product
- Complete and submit your online application within 90 days of purchasing your new energy-efficient product.
- Please allow six weeks plus mail service time for delivery of your incentive check after we receive your approved application and receipt.
- You can locate your account number on your statement as shown below.
Have you already applied? Track your incentive status. Please allow 48 hours for your application to load in our system.